- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 green or red pepper
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary or thyme
- 300 g dried pasta , (pasta shapes or spaghetti)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon bouillon powder , optional
- 1 x 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 180 g tins of tuna , (275g drained weight)
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic, deseed and dice the pepper and pick and finely chop the herb leaves. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Heat the oil in a large pan on a medium heat, add the onion and fry for 5 minutes to soften. Add the garlic, pepper, herbs and bouillon powder (see below) and fry gently for a further 5 minutes, or until the peppers are soft, stirring regularly. Pour in the tomatoes, then drain and flake in the tuna and cook for 10 minutes. Drain and add the cooked pasta, then stir together and serve.
- For baby:
Only add the bouillon powder after you’ve taken out baby’s portion. Finely chop the pasta and allow to cool before serving. For more information on stages of complementary feeding, click here.
Source: Jamie Oliver