- 500 g lean minced beef
- 1 head of cauliflower , (800g)
- 1 heaped teaspoon rendang powder
- 1 bunch of fresh mint , (30g)
- 1 x 400 g tin of light coconut milk
- Place the minced beef in a large shallow casserole pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then break it up and fry on a high heat, stirring regularly.
- Click off and discard any tatty outer leaves from the cauliflower, putting the nice leaves into a food processor.
- Halve the cauliflower, breaking up one half into the processor. Cut little bite-sized florets off the other half into the mince pan, chucking all the stalks into the processor as you go.
- Stir the rendang powder into the pan and cook it all for 10 minutes, or until crispy, stirring regularly.
- Meanwhile, pick half the mint leaves into the processor, add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, and blitz until fine.
- Tip into a heatproof bowl, cover, and microwave on high for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Reserving the baby leaves, pick the remaining mint leaves into the pan, toss well, then pour in the coconut milk and half a tin’s worth of water.
- Bring to the boil, simmer for 5 minutes, then taste, season to perfection, and scatter over the reserved mint leaves.
- Give the cauli rice a good mix up, and serve on the side.
Source: Jamie Oliver