- 1 small watermelon , (1.8kg)
- 60 g stem ginger in syrup
- 2 limes
- ½ a bunch of fresh mint , (15g)
- 8 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- Cut off the watermelon rind, then chop the flesh into chunks, picking out any seeds.
- Roughly chop the ginger and place in a large sealable freezer bag with the watermelon chunks.
- Finely grate in the lime zest, squeeze in all the juice, then freeze flat for at least 8 hours, or until super-hard.
- When ready to serve, pick and reserve the baby mint leaves, then pick the rest into a food processor.
- Tip in the frozen watermelon mixture and blitz to a pink snow (in batches, if you need to).
- Serve 2 heaped tablespoons of granita per person, with 1 tablespoon of yoghurt, a drizzle of ginger syrup from the jar and a few baby mint leaves. It’s nice to use chilled plates, bowls or glasses here.
Source: Jamie Oliver