“Liven up dishes with this refreshing but punchy relish. If you don’t have a food processor, make it in a pestle and mortar instead for a slightly chunkier result. ”
- 1 small ripe pineapple
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 shallots
- 3 fresh red chillies
- 2 fresh bird’s-eye chillies
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 lime
- Trim and peel the pineapple, cutting out the scraggy bits, then into wedges, removing and discarding the tough core.
- Peel the garlic and shallots, deseed the chillies, then pulse in a food processor until fairly fine.
- Pulse in the pineapple until fine, but still with a bit of texture.
- Stir in the sugar, pulse briefly to combine, then squeeze and stir in the lime juice.
- Season to perfection with sea salt and black pepper, then serve.
Source: Jamie Oliver